You can obtain an uncontested divorce in North Carolina if you have been  separated from your spouse for one (1) full year. The divorce is “uncontested” if there is no dispute by your spouse over the date of separation  and  there are no other issues between you and your spouse, such as child support, alimony, or property division.  Even if there are such issues, you can still get your divorce and reserve the other disputes for later settlement.  You or your spouse must have been a resident of the state of North Carolina for at least   six (6) months   before the divorce papers are filed.

If the divorce is uncontested, we can get it for you without you having to go to court!  All you have to do is send us the information requested below and pay the fees and expenses.  We will then prepare the papers, send them to you for signing, go to court for your divorce, and mail  your final divorce order to you.  It takes 45 to 60 days from the return of the original papers to us to complete your divorce.  It’s that easy.

Fees and Expenses for Simple Divorce 

Click here to see our Divorce Agreement and associates fees.

Some Legal Stuff

1. You or your spouse must have resided in North Carolina for at least six (6) months before filing for divorce.  

2.  We will file your divorce in Wilson County, NC,  and our representation of you is limited to Wilson County, NC.  If your spouse decides to contest the divorce, and if neither you nor your spouse live in Wilson County, your spouse may request the court to move the case to a county where the spouse lives.  In that case, unless it is near Wilson County, we will withdraw from your case and consent to the transfer to the other county.  You will then need to employ counsel in that county.  

3. By submitting your information, you represent to us that you believe your divorce will not be contested by your spouse.  If it is contested or disputed, our representation will terminate, we may choose to withdraw from representing you, and you will then need to employ counsel to represent you.  

4.  The entry of a divorce order will terminate  any rights you may have to ask for post-separation support, alimony, or a division of property.  Our representation of you is only for an uncontested divorce.  Do not ask us to file for divorce for you if you wish to make claims for any other rights.

Processing Your Divorce

We require payment in advance. We can complete your divorce either 1–on line, or 2–by mail.  You choose the method you are most comfortable using.

1. Online:  Simply complete the form below and email it to our staff.  We will then mail confirmation and the papers for you to sign and return by mail (We must do this because you must sign the court papers before a notary public.)  You may call us with your credit card information.

2. By Mail: Simply download and print out the form below, fill in the information requested, and mail it to us with your check, money order, or credit card information for billing. We will mail confirmation and the papers for you to sign and return by mail (We must do this because you must sign the court papers before a notary public.) Mail to: Stephen L. Beaman, PLLC, P.O. Box 1907, Wilson, NC 27894-1907f